Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm not a slacker, I've been investing!

So, I was talking about my blog the other day and I realized that I quit writing just after the school year really got into swing. Well, there is a very good reason for that! I was busy, you know, teaching my kids! But we did learn so much and I hope that some of it will be an encouragement to someone so I am going to re-cap a month at a time and share our journey.

First, let me explain why I quit writing. When we got into a routine, I discovered that I could not EVER sit at the computer while the girls were doing seat work. It was the same principle I knew when I was teaching in a classroom. When my back is turned, NOTHING gets done. So I stopped writing so much. Then my computer broke and I couldn't do any writing. Then I started writing something else and got kind of obsessed with that. A while back our Minister of Missions who is also our director of our orchestra and student choir, whose wife is one of my best encouragers in this journey, and whose family is very dear to me...well, he asked me to do something. I said no. Three times (kinda like Peter, ya know?). Then I said, well, I will pray about it and God said, YES!!! So I spent some time writing something else and God took that and turned it into a full length Musical Drama entitled We Are The Light that our student choir performed in January. I just recently got my copyright documentation on it and it's registration with the Library of Congress. Now for some that may seem trivial, but for me it was huge. So I spent MONTHS working on that while I was teaching, running a business, and picking up the slack for my precious husband who works two full time jobs so that we can stay on this crazy journey.

So, I have A LOT to share with you about what I learned and where God has taken us and where we have yet to go! I hope you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment