Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day Two: Survive and Thrive

I don't have any cute pics of my girls barefoot at their desks today, but I did get some great ideas to keep our 3 yr old busy today and I thought I would share them. A friend online recommended this site: http://www.artfulhomemaking.com/2012/07/keeping-little-ones-busy.html
It had tons of great ideas on how to keep our littlest princess occupied. Some of them I already knew and some I will be implementing in the coming weeks. I'll let you know how they work out.

And I found this little bit of wisdom on timing for our class...



In light of this wisdom, we decided to make an adjustment today. Instead of starting at 7:30 (which I thought was WAY too early) we decided to start at 8. Then when Nayney woke up at 9, I fed her breakfast and she watched cartoons till 10. Then from 10-10:30 and 10:30-11, each of the girls took a break to play with her and the Play-Doh for 30 minutes. From 11-11:15, I did PreSchool workbooks with her.

We broke at 11:15 for lunch and didn't finish "school" until after she went down for her nap at 1:45. We finished at 2:30, getting all of our work done and without any tears!!!

Tomorrow we will move on to castle blocks!


p.s. I found my awesome bit of wisdom here:
http://www.swtblessings.com/p/faith-signs.html

2 comments:

  1. You're totally awesome, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I don't feel awesome, but thanks anyway! :-)

      Delete